Kidnapped British businessman released in Nigeria
Abuja: A Briton who was kidnapped in Nigeria`s commercial capital of Lagos last week has been released.
The United States consulate announced on Monday that a foreigner was abducted from the highbrow area of the city, Victoria Island but did not mention the nationality of the victim.
Nigerian police later disclosed that the abducted person was a British businessman who was trailed by his abductors from a nightclub.
British foreign office website said, "A British national was kidnapped on Victoria Island, Lagos on 23 March and was subsequently released on 27 March."
Kidnappers in Nigeria often demand for ransom before their victims are released but no mention was made of any payment of ransom.
The website did not mention where he was taken to or where and how he was set free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read