Kidnapped Swiss couple appear in new video in Pak
Islamabad: A Swiss couple, held hostage by
the Taliban for the last four months, have appeared in a new
video, appealing to the governments of Pakistan, Switzerland
and the US to respond to their captors` demand or "our lives
are at risk".
The Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has released two
videos of the kidnapped Swiss couple, the Express Tribune
reported quoting swissinfo.ch today.
Olivier David Och, 31, and Daniela Widmer, 28, appear in
the video flanked by armed masked men.
The TTP has earlier demanded the release of Aafia
Siddiqui, a female neuro-scientist sentenced in 2010 for
terrorism, to set the Swiss couple free.
The videos show the couple calling upon the governments
of Switzerland, the US and Pakistan to meet the captors`
demands, the paper said.
In the video, one of the hostages is seen saying "our
lives are at risk" if the demands are not met, it said.
The two were abducted by unidentified gunmen in Loralai
in Balochistan on July 1.
"We call upon the Western world to put pressure on
America for the release of Aafia Siddiqui," TTP deputy chief
Waliur Rehman had said.
"If America does not agree to her release then our shura
(council) will take a decision about the Swiss hostages," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department