Kidnapped Swiss couple appear in new video in Pak
Islamabad: A Swiss couple, held hostage by
the Taliban for the last four months, have appeared in a new
video, appealing to the governments of Pakistan, Switzerland
and the US to respond to their captors` demand or "our lives
are at risk".
The Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has released two
videos of the kidnapped Swiss couple, the Express Tribune
reported quoting swissinfo.ch today.
Olivier David Och, 31, and Daniela Widmer, 28, appear in
the video flanked by armed masked men.
The TTP has earlier demanded the release of Aafia
Siddiqui, a female neuro-scientist sentenced in 2010 for
terrorism, to set the Swiss couple free.
The videos show the couple calling upon the governments
of Switzerland, the US and Pakistan to meet the captors`
demands, the paper said.
In the video, one of the hostages is seen saying "our
lives are at risk" if the demands are not met, it said.
The two were abducted by unidentified gunmen in Loralai
in Balochistan on July 1.
"We call upon the Western world to put pressure on
America for the release of Aafia Siddiqui," TTP deputy chief
Waliur Rehman had said.
"If America does not agree to her release then our shura
(council) will take a decision about the Swiss hostages," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly