Kids give pope birthday cake 3 days early
Vatican City: Pope Francis has received a candle-topped birthday cake three days early a surprise from children at the Vatican.
The pontiff turns 77 on Tuesday. The children presented the treat on Saturday after the pope visited a Vatican dispensary which provides pediatric care.
Francis blew out the candles, thanked the youngsters for the cake and promised: "I`ll tell you later if it`s good or not."
At one point, Francis briefly lost his white skull cap to a child he was holding. The pope smiled and put it back on his head.
For more than 90 years, the dispensary on the Vatican grounds has been distributing milk, clothing, diapers, toys and even baby carriages to families in need.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!