Kill US diplomats in Muslim countries: Al Qaeda
Dubai: Adding fuel to the existing violence over an anti-Islam film in Libya, the Yemen-based branch of al Qaeda on Saturday urged Muslims to step up protests and kill more US diplomats in Muslim countries.
A short film mocking Prophet Muhammad produced by the Coptic-Christian community in the United States provoked the sentiments of Muslims.
Earlier in the day, a huge number of protesters stormed the embassies of Germany and Britain in protest against the film which may start another chapter in the "crusader wars" against Islam.
"Let the step of kicking out the embassies be a step towards liberating Muslim countries from the American hegemony," a statement posted on an al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) website said.
Fury about the film swept across the Middle East with protesters attacking US embassies, prompting Washington to send troops to bolster security at its missions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands