Kill US diplomats in Muslim countries: Al Qaeda
Dubai: Adding fuel to the existing violence over an anti-Islam film in Libya, the Yemen-based branch of al Qaeda on Saturday urged Muslims to step up protests and kill more US diplomats in Muslim countries.
A short film mocking Prophet Muhammad produced by the Coptic-Christian community in the United States provoked the sentiments of Muslims.
Earlier in the day, a huge number of protesters stormed the embassies of Germany and Britain in protest against the film which may start another chapter in the "crusader wars" against Islam.
"Let the step of kicking out the embassies be a step towards liberating Muslim countries from the American hegemony," a statement posted on an al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) website said.
Fury about the film swept across the Middle East with protesters attacking US embassies, prompting Washington to send troops to bolster security at its missions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Open: Novak Djokovic faces race against time for Flushing Meadows defense
- Italy mourns quake dead as hope for survivors wanes
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- UN ready to help Colombia peace deal