Kill US diplomats in Muslim countries: Al Qaeda
Dubai: Adding fuel to the existing violence over an anti-Islam film in Libya, the Yemen-based branch of al Qaeda on Saturday urged Muslims to step up protests and kill more US diplomats in Muslim countries.
A short film mocking Prophet Muhammad produced by the Coptic-Christian community in the United States provoked the sentiments of Muslims.
Earlier in the day, a huge number of protesters stormed the embassies of Germany and Britain in protest against the film which may start another chapter in the "crusader wars" against Islam.
"Let the step of kicking out the embassies be a step towards liberating Muslim countries from the American hegemony," a statement posted on an al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) website said.
Fury about the film swept across the Middle East with protesters attacking US embassies, prompting Washington to send troops to bolster security at its missions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan