Kill US diplomats in Muslim countries: Al Qaeda
Dubai: Adding fuel to the existing violence over an anti-Islam film in Libya, the Yemen-based branch of al Qaeda on Saturday urged Muslims to step up protests and kill more US diplomats in Muslim countries.
A short film mocking Prophet Muhammad produced by the Coptic-Christian community in the United States provoked the sentiments of Muslims.
Earlier in the day, a huge number of protesters stormed the embassies of Germany and Britain in protest against the film which may start another chapter in the "crusader wars" against Islam.
"Let the step of kicking out the embassies be a step towards liberating Muslim countries from the American hegemony," a statement posted on an al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) website said.
Fury about the film swept across the Middle East with protesters attacking US embassies, prompting Washington to send troops to bolster security at its missions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured