Kill yourself to go to paradise: Al Qaeda to kids
London: Al Qaeda-inspired Somali terrorist group, Al Shabaab, kidnapped young children in the troubled country and brainwashed them to become suicide bombers to launch future attacks on the West, it has emerged.
The group was running ``terrorist schools`` to keep the children, some as young as seven, chained on to beds while they were taught an extreme version of Islam.
The kids, all under 10-years-old, were taught about suicide bombings and told they would go to paradise if they killed themselves in `martyrdom-operations’, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the paper, terror investigator Neil Doyle revealed the pictures of the locked-up children after authorities carried out a raid on a school in Mogadishu.
The raid was one of a number of operations sanctioned by the government in recent months and led to the arrest of 200 people.
The paper quoted a teacher, as saying that the children were in chains because they missed classes.
The latest revelation comes just days after Al Shabaab claimed responsibility for a remote-controlled bomb that killed at least eight Somali government troops when it hit their vehicle in Mogadishu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh