Kill yourself to go to paradise: Al Qaeda to kids
London: Al Qaeda-inspired Somali terrorist group, Al Shabaab, kidnapped young children in the troubled country and brainwashed them to become suicide bombers to launch future attacks on the West, it has emerged.
The group was running ``terrorist schools`` to keep the children, some as young as seven, chained on to beds while they were taught an extreme version of Islam.
The kids, all under 10-years-old, were taught about suicide bombings and told they would go to paradise if they killed themselves in `martyrdom-operations’, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the paper, terror investigator Neil Doyle revealed the pictures of the locked-up children after authorities carried out a raid on a school in Mogadishu.
The raid was one of a number of operations sanctioned by the government in recent months and led to the arrest of 200 people.
The paper quoted a teacher, as saying that the children were in chains because they missed classes.
The latest revelation comes just days after Al Shabaab claimed responsibility for a remote-controlled bomb that killed at least eight Somali government troops when it hit their vehicle in Mogadishu.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum