Kim Jong Il`s body to be permanently displayed
Seoul: North Korea says late leader Kim Jong Il`s body will be permanently laid in state in a memorial palace in the capital.
Kim`s body will be displayed at Pyongyang`s Kumsusan Memorial Palace, where his father and North Korea founder Kim Il Sung`s embalmed body has been lying since his death in 1994.
Kim Jong Il`s son and successor, Kim Jong Un, has been solidifying power since his father died of a heart attack on December 17.
The official Korean Central News Agency said on Thursday that North Korea will also erect a statue of Kim Jong Il, set up portraits of a smiling Kim and build "towers to his immortality" across the country.
The North says Kim`s February 16 birthday will be a "Day of the Shining Star" in an apparent reference to past rocket launches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police