Kim Jong Il`s body to be permanently displayed
Seoul: North Korea says late leader Kim Jong Il`s body will be permanently laid in state in a memorial palace in the capital.
Kim`s body will be displayed at Pyongyang`s Kumsusan Memorial Palace, where his father and North Korea founder Kim Il Sung`s embalmed body has been lying since his death in 1994.
Kim Jong Il`s son and successor, Kim Jong Un, has been solidifying power since his father died of a heart attack on December 17.
The official Korean Central News Agency said on Thursday that North Korea will also erect a statue of Kim Jong Il, set up portraits of a smiling Kim and build "towers to his immortality" across the country.
The North says Kim`s February 16 birthday will be a "Day of the Shining Star" in an apparent reference to past rocket launches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"