Kim Jong-il’s grandson wants to ‘unite divided countries’
London: Kim Han-sol, the grandson of the former North Korean ruler, Kim Jong-il, has said that he wants to return and unite his home land and South Korea.
Han-sol, a student at United World College in Bosnia, made the revelation in his first proper interview this week.
According to the Sun, his views on South Korea will surely stun his ruling family back home.
Han-sol talked about how good it would be to one day be able to take a bus there from North Korea.
“I have always dreamed that one day I will go back and make things better and make it easier for the people there. I also dream of unification because it’s really sad that I can`t go to the other side and see my friends over there. It`s a really sad story,” the report quoted Han-sol, as saying.
“I picture myself continuing my education. After university I picture myself volunteering somewhere,” he said.
“Also to work to contribute to building world peace, especially back home,” he added.
He further said if we put a little effort, the two Korean countries can come to a conclusion and unite.
“That is a really important part of me that Korea are really divided and we can if we put a little effort, step by step we can come to a conclusion and unite,” Han-sol said during his interview for a Finnish television.
North and South Korea have been in conflict since 1950 during the three-year Korean War.
Tensions between the two countries has continued to the present day with relations extremely poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog