Kim Jong-un glamorous singer wife had ‘cheerleader’ past
Pyongyang: A mystery woman, who is said to be the wife of young North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, was a part of a cheerleading team for an athletic event held in South Korea, according to a report.
The new lady in the spotlight, Ri Sol-Ju, has also visited Seoul in 2005 as a member of North Korean cheerleading team for the Asian Athletics Championship held in Incheon, according to South Korea’s National Intelligence Service.
According to the service, Ri was one of the 90 cheerleaders back then who chanted “We are one!”
The cheerleaders wore Nike caps, danced with South Korean college students, and attended a dinner party with government officials, ABC News reports.
There’s speculation that she also might have participated in an inter-Korean teenagers’ event in 2003 to plant trees.
Ri is a popular singer who was spotted performing on stage numerous times in the past few years.
Meanwhile, what has attracted the most attention in Seoul is her beauty and sense of fashion, the report said.
Ri wore colorful green, burgundy, and yellow outfits, polka dot patterns, open-toe pumps, and even a chic brooch on one of her dresses during some recent public appearances with Kim.
North Korean women, however, usually wear their traditional costume, or monotone black or grey suits to public events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter