Kim Jong-Un orders bigger rockets following Pyongyang`s latest missile launch
Sydney: North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un has ordered the development of bigger rockets, after Pyongyang sparked international condemnation with a long-range rocket launch.
According to the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), Kim gave the order to scientists, technicians and others involved in this month`s launch at a banquet on Friday, reports news.com.au. He said the country should develop and launch a variety of more working satellites, including communications satellite, and carrier rockets of bigger capacity.
Kim had already stressed the need to put more satellites into space two days after the December 12 launch, KCNA reported at the time. North Korea says the launch put a satellite in orbit for peaceful research, but critics say it amounted to a banned ballistic missile test that marked a major advance for the communist state`s nuclear weapons program.
It sparked international condemnation, including from the United Nations, although the North`s main ally China is said by diplomats to be resisting US-led efforts to order new sanctions against Pyongyang at the UN Security Council. Pyongyang is already under international sanctions for conducting two nuclear tests in 2006 and 2009, which both came after long-range rocket launches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’