Kindergartner brings gun to Texas school, 3 hurt
Houston: A kindergartener brought a gun to
his elementary school and was among three students injured by
fragments when it dropped from his pocket during lunchtime and
accidentally fired, officials said.
One bullet discharged about 11 am local time in the
school`s cafeteria, spraying fragments at the students, said
Houston Independent School District Assistant Police Chief
"Either some type of chips off the floor, or it could
be pieces of the round that discharged," Mock said. "They had
some cuts and stuff on their legs, they don`t appear to be
Two 6-year-old boys, including the one who had the
gun, were wounded in the foot, said district spokesman Jason
Spencer. A 5-year-old girl also suffered a foot injury,
Images taken from Houston television station KPRC`s
news helicopter showed three children being wheeled to
ambulances on stretchers. All were sitting up and appeared to
be talking with emergency personnel. Upset parents rushed to
Houston is the state`s largest school district with
more than 200,000 students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal