King Richard III to get USD 1.5 million burial
London: He was buried in an unmarked grave, but finally Richard III is to get a tomb fit for a king.
British officials say they will spend GBP 1 million (USD 1.5 million) interring the 15th-century ruler, whose skeleton was found earlier this year beneath a parking lot in the central England city of Leicester.
Officials at Leicester Cathedral said on Thursday that Richard will be buried "with honour beneath a raised tomb within a specially created area in the cathedral."
The plans also include a new floor and a stained glass window.
His remains are due to be reburied next year.
Richard was deposed and killed in 1485 at the Battle of Bosworth Field and buried without a coffin in a now-demolished Leicester church.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video