Kissinger released from S Korean hospital
Seoul: Former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger was discharged from hospital in the South Korean capital Seoul on Sunday after being treated for a minor stomach problem, officials said.
Kissinger, 86, was admitted to Severance Hospital on Saturday after complaining of stomach pain, according to the hospital and the US embassy.
"Mr Kissinger has just been released from hospital, healthy," a hospital spokesman said.
"I understand he had a minor stomach ache."
The former top US diplomat had been in Seoul since Wednesday to address a security forum. He also met President Lee Myung-Bak on Friday.
Kissinger was secretary of state during the Nixon and Ford administrations. He had originally been due to leave Seoul on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video