Kissinger released from S Korean hospital
Seoul: Former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger was discharged from hospital in the South Korean capital Seoul on Sunday after being treated for a minor stomach problem, officials said.
Kissinger, 86, was admitted to Severance Hospital on Saturday after complaining of stomach pain, according to the hospital and the US embassy.
"Mr Kissinger has just been released from hospital, healthy," a hospital spokesman said.
"I understand he had a minor stomach ache."
The former top US diplomat had been in Seoul since Wednesday to address a security forum. He also met President Lee Myung-Bak on Friday.
Kissinger was secretary of state during the Nixon and Ford administrations. He had originally been due to leave Seoul on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what