Kissinger released from S Korean hospital
Seoul: Former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger was discharged from hospital in the South Korean capital Seoul on Sunday after being treated for a minor stomach problem, officials said.
Kissinger, 86, was admitted to Severance Hospital on Saturday after complaining of stomach pain, according to the hospital and the US embassy.
"Mr Kissinger has just been released from hospital, healthy," a hospital spokesman said.
"I understand he had a minor stomach ache."
The former top US diplomat had been in Seoul since Wednesday to address a security forum. He also met President Lee Myung-Bak on Friday.
Kissinger was secretary of state during the Nixon and Ford administrations. He had originally been due to leave Seoul on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra