Kolkata-bound Emirates flight turns back
Dubai: A Kolkata-bound Emirates flight with
198 people onboard on Sunday returned to Dubai after it faced a
loss of cabin pressure, the airlines said.
Flight EK 572, which was carrying 184 passengers and a
14-member crew, had taken off from Dubai International
Airport`s Terminal 3 at 1 p.m. local time today enroute to
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Airport in Kolkata.
However, it returned to Dubai at 3.10 p.m. local time
after the cabin pressure in the aircraft was found to be low,
an Emirates Airlines spokesman said.
Later, the flight took off from Dubai at 5.23 p.m. local
time and is scheduled to arrive in Kolkata at 11.10 p.m., duty
officers at the airport said.
The airline is investigating the matter and said that it
will be take all steps to minimise any inconvenience to its
"The safety of our passengers and crew is always of
paramount importance," the Emirates spokesperson said.
"I can only confirm that EK 572 was delayed and has now
taken off for Kolkata. Its new scheduled landing time is
11.10pm local time," said the duty officer, who chose not to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark