Kolkata-bound Emirates flight turns back
Dubai: A Kolkata-bound Emirates flight with
198 people onboard on Sunday returned to Dubai after it faced a
loss of cabin pressure, the airlines said.
Flight EK 572, which was carrying 184 passengers and a
14-member crew, had taken off from Dubai International
Airport`s Terminal 3 at 1 p.m. local time today enroute to
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Airport in Kolkata.
However, it returned to Dubai at 3.10 p.m. local time
after the cabin pressure in the aircraft was found to be low,
an Emirates Airlines spokesman said.
Later, the flight took off from Dubai at 5.23 p.m. local
time and is scheduled to arrive in Kolkata at 11.10 p.m., duty
officers at the airport said.
The airline is investigating the matter and said that it
will be take all steps to minimise any inconvenience to its
"The safety of our passengers and crew is always of
paramount importance," the Emirates spokesperson said.
"I can only confirm that EK 572 was delayed and has now
taken off for Kolkata. Its new scheduled landing time is
11.10pm local time," said the duty officer, who chose not to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter