Kolkata-bound Emirates flight turns back
Dubai: A Kolkata-bound Emirates flight with
198 people onboard on Sunday returned to Dubai after it faced a
loss of cabin pressure, the airlines said.
Flight EK 572, which was carrying 184 passengers and a
14-member crew, had taken off from Dubai International
Airport`s Terminal 3 at 1 p.m. local time today enroute to
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Airport in Kolkata.
However, it returned to Dubai at 3.10 p.m. local time
after the cabin pressure in the aircraft was found to be low,
an Emirates Airlines spokesman said.
Later, the flight took off from Dubai at 5.23 p.m. local
time and is scheduled to arrive in Kolkata at 11.10 p.m., duty
officers at the airport said.
The airline is investigating the matter and said that it
will be take all steps to minimise any inconvenience to its
"The safety of our passengers and crew is always of
paramount importance," the Emirates spokesperson said.
"I can only confirm that EK 572 was delayed and has now
taken off for Kolkata. Its new scheduled landing time is
11.10pm local time," said the duty officer, who chose not to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui