Kolkata-bound Emirates flight turns back
Dubai: A Kolkata-bound Emirates flight with
198 people onboard on Sunday returned to Dubai after it faced a
loss of cabin pressure, the airlines said.
Flight EK 572, which was carrying 184 passengers and a
14-member crew, had taken off from Dubai International
Airport`s Terminal 3 at 1 p.m. local time today enroute to
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Airport in Kolkata.
However, it returned to Dubai at 3.10 p.m. local time
after the cabin pressure in the aircraft was found to be low,
an Emirates Airlines spokesman said.
Later, the flight took off from Dubai at 5.23 p.m. local
time and is scheduled to arrive in Kolkata at 11.10 p.m., duty
officers at the airport said.
The airline is investigating the matter and said that it
will be take all steps to minimise any inconvenience to its
"The safety of our passengers and crew is always of
paramount importance," the Emirates spokesperson said.
"I can only confirm that EK 572 was delayed and has now
taken off for Kolkata. Its new scheduled landing time is
11.10pm local time," said the duty officer, who chose not to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar