Korean issue would harm interests of all: Li
Beijing: Striking a tough posture towards the belligerent North Korean leadership, China today warned Pyongyang that "trouble making" would amount to dropping the rock on ones own toes.
As US Secretary of State John Kerry in his meetings here today pressed Chinese leadership to press hard the North Korean leader Kim Jong Un who resorted to rhetoric by threatening nuclear war, Premier Li Keqiang said troublemaking on the Korean Peninsula issue would harm the interests of all the parties involved".
"To do that is nothing different from lifting a rock only to drop it on one`s own toes," state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Li as saying to Kerry today.
"The parties involved should shoulder their responsibilities and be ready to bear the consequence to safeguard the regional peace and stability," Li said.
This is the second time China spoke its mind against North Korea distancing itself from Pyongyang`s belligerent stand in spiralling tensions in the Korean Peninsula.
Last week, President Xi Jinping in his address at the Boao Forum said that "no one should be allowed to throw a region and even the whole world into chaos for selfish gains", which Chinese officials said later was an indirect reference about North Korea.
On China-US relations, Li noted that cooperation between China and the United States, two major economies of the world, would cater to the international trend and benefit the world.
The two sides should achieve new breakthroughs on the depth and quality of the bilateral cooperation, and make further efforts to cultivate fair competition and protect legitimate rights and interests of their businesses, Li said.
"I hope the US side could take substantial actions to lift the ban on exportation of high-tech products to China," Li told Kerry.
He also suggested that China and the United States should participate in and promote the economic integration process in the Asia-Pacific region with open, transparent and inclusive spirits.
Kerry said the bilateral cooperation has benefited the two nations and would have significant influence over the world.
According to Kerry, the United States highly values its ties with China, and is willing to make concerted efforts with China to improve the bilateral cooperation mechanism, strengthen communication and coordination, step up cooperation and jointly address the global challenges and regional issues.
China is the second leg of Kerry`s four-day east Asia tour, which has also taken him to the Republic of Korea. He will fly to Japan on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?