Korean war `may break out at any moment`: North Korea
Geneva: A North Korean diplomat said on Thursday
that tensions on the Korean peninsula were running so high
over the sinking of a South Korean warship that "war may break
out at any moment."
In a speech to the international Conference on
Disarmament, Ri Jang-Gon, deputy permanent representative for
North Korea at the United Nations in Geneva, blamed the "grave
situation" on South Korea and the United States.
"The present situation of the Korean peninsula is so
grave that a war may break out at any moment," he said.
However, North Korea needed a "peaceful environment" for
its progress, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'