Korean war `may break out at any moment`: North Korea
Geneva: A North Korean diplomat said on Thursday
that tensions on the Korean peninsula were running so high
over the sinking of a South Korean warship that "war may break
out at any moment."
In a speech to the international Conference on
Disarmament, Ri Jang-Gon, deputy permanent representative for
North Korea at the United Nations in Geneva, blamed the "grave
situation" on South Korea and the United States.
"The present situation of the Korean peninsula is so
grave that a war may break out at any moment," he said.
However, North Korea needed a "peaceful environment" for
its progress, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur