Korean war `may break out at any moment`: North Korea
Geneva: A North Korean diplomat said on Thursday
that tensions on the Korean peninsula were running so high
over the sinking of a South Korean warship that "war may break
out at any moment."
In a speech to the international Conference on
Disarmament, Ri Jang-Gon, deputy permanent representative for
North Korea at the United Nations in Geneva, blamed the "grave
situation" on South Korea and the United States.
"The present situation of the Korean peninsula is so
grave that a war may break out at any moment," he said.
However, North Korea needed a "peaceful environment" for
its progress, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof