Kosovo-Serb handshake creates outrage in Serbia
Belgrade: A handshake between Kosovo Prime Minister Hashim Thaci and former Serbian President Boris Tadic has triggered outrage in Serbia.
The two attended a summit of current and former regional leaders and EU officials in Dubrovnik, Croatia, on Saturday.
Thaci, a former ethnic Albanian guerrilla commander who fought for Kosovo`s independence from Serbia in the late 1990s, and Tadic, who lost a presidential election against a nationalist opponent in Serbia in May, shook hands during the summit. That was the first time the two met face-to-face since the 1998-99 war.
Serbia`s prime minister designate, Ivica Dacic, said Tadic`s presence at the summit is an "enigma," and asked the former pro-Western Serbian leader to clarify his policies now that he`s an opposition official.
Serbia has refused to recognize Kosovo`s independence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love