Kremlin to have helicopter landing pad
Tel Aviv: The head of Russian presidential property management department has confirmed that the Kremlin will be soon equipped with a helicopter landing pad to help top officials avoid Moscow`s heavy traffic jams.
"This is dictated by the need for both modern and quick transportation of the country`s leadership and for creating fewer problems on Moscow`s roads, where the situation, as you know, is rather difficult," Vladimir Kozhin told journalists during his visit to Israel Sunday.
He said the Russian presidential property management department has bought several Italian helicopters to transport top Russian officials.
The helicopters are manufactured by AgustaWestland, which established a joint venture company HeliVert together with Russian Helicopters in 2010 to assemble AW139 helicopters at a new plant in Tomilino, near Moscow.
"This is only the first step because in the near future the plant to build these helicopters will be built and launched in Russia. Therefore, they (helicopters) will be domestically produced and serviced in Russia," Kozhin said.
In late December, Kozhin said the helicopter pads in the Kremlin`s Taynitsky garden and the White house could appear in the first quarter 2013. He promised that building the helicopter pad near the Kremlin would not damage the country`s historic landmarks.
The Union of Architects of Russia has voiced concerns against the move saying that vibration from the air traffic might negatively affect and even ruin the monuments.
Media reports also said the decision to build a helicopter pad on the territory of the Moscow Kremlin, which is included in the list of world cultural heritage sites, could spark protest from UNESCO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city