Kuril Islands is Russia`s territory: Medvedev
Yokohama: Kuril Islands is Russia`s territory, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said in his meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan.
"As the Prime Minister expressed regret for Dmitry Medvedev`s visit to Kunashir Island, the President confirmed our position: the President takes decisions himself what region he will visit," Lavrov told journalists in the meet between Kan and Medvedev yesterday.
"This is our territory and this will be so in the future. I hope that Japanese colleagues will take an adequate position," the Russian minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert