Kuwait busts alleged Iran and Hezbollah spy rings
Manama: Kuwait has busted new spy rings reportedly working for Iran and Hezbollah, a Kuwaiti daily said.
One of the espionage networks is made up of four people, including a military officer working in a sensitive agency, Al Siyassah said.
The news comes two months after a Kuwaiti court sentenced two Iranians to death for their alleged role in a spy ring for Iran and busted in Kuwait in 2010.
Iran has invariably denied charges that it has set up any espionage network in Kuwait.
Al Siyassah, quoting sources it did not identify, said that the investigations into the new spy rings are being conducted away from the media to ensure the highest levels of secrecy.
The four members will soon be referred to the public prosecutor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step