Kuwait opposition seeks gains in Parliament vote
Kuwait City: Voting is under way in Kuwait in Parliamentary Elections that include an array of opposition groups seeking to further boost their political voice in the oil-rich Gulf nation.
Thursday`s balloting is a test of strength for Kuwait`s Western-backed rulers against groups that include Islamists, liberals and youth faction inspired by the Arab Spring uprisings.
Kuwait`s emir dissolved the previous Parliament in December after months of political upheaval, including anti-government mobs storming the chamber.
Results are expected on Friday for the 50-seat Assembly.
Kuwait`s ruling family controls all key affairs, but its Parliament is one of the few elected bodies in the Gulf that openly challenge the country`s leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS