Kuwait opposition seeks gains in Parliament vote
Kuwait City: Voting is under way in Kuwait in Parliamentary Elections that include an array of opposition groups seeking to further boost their political voice in the oil-rich Gulf nation.
Thursday`s balloting is a test of strength for Kuwait`s Western-backed rulers against groups that include Islamists, liberals and youth faction inspired by the Arab Spring uprisings.
Kuwait`s emir dissolved the previous Parliament in December after months of political upheaval, including anti-government mobs storming the chamber.
Results are expected on Friday for the 50-seat Assembly.
Kuwait`s ruling family controls all key affairs, but its Parliament is one of the few elected bodies in the Gulf that openly challenge the country`s leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100
- India signs $100 mn loan agreement with World Bank
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- Rupee free fall continues, plunges 26 paise to 67.75
- HDFC Realty, SBI Caps to auction 61 properties of Sahara