Kuwaiti premier defeats bid to oust him
Kuwait City: Kuwait`s premier on Thursday
comfortably survived a parliament vote called by the
opposition in a bid to oust him over allegations he boosted
ties with Iran rather than Gulf Arab states, the parliament
Only 18 MPs voted for the motion, seven votes short of
the required number to unseat Prime Minister Sheikh Nasser
Mohammad al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, speaker Jassem Al-Khorafi said
after a secret session.
Twenty-five MPs voted in support of the prime minister
and six lawmakers abstained.
The vote came after a grilling on May 15 when the
opposition accused the prime minister of undermining national
security by developing ties with Shiite Iran at the expense of
Sunni-ruled Gulf Arab states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy