Kuwaiti prince shot dead, reportedly by uncle
Dubai: A Kuwaiti prince has been fatally
shot allegedly by his uncle, reports reaching here have said.
In a brief statement, the Kuwaiti ruler`s court has
said the country was "mourning the demise of Shaikh Basel
Salem Sabah Al Salem Al Sabah, who passed away at the age of
52," without giving details of what caused his death.
The court said Shaikh Basel will be buried today.
However, Arabic media reports said Shaikh Basel was
allegedly shot several times by an uncle on Thursday evening
at his weekly meeting place while the two had an argument over
cars. He was rushed to a local hospital, but died on the way.
Reports also said the prince had been shot several
times from a close range and that the alleged killer has been
taken into custody.
An investigation has been launched into the incident.
Shaikh Basel was the grandson of Kuwait`s 12th Emir
Shaikh Sabah Al Salem Al Sabah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise