Kuwaiti soldier killed in clash with Iraqi sailors
Kuwait City: A Kuwaiti coast guard was
killed on Monday in a shootout with Iraqi sailors inside Kuwait`s
territorial waters, the interior ministry said.
The clash broke out when an Iraqi boat entered Kuwaiti
waters and refused orders from a coast guard patrol to stop,
it said in a statement.
The coast guard was killed while the Iraqi boat was
destroyed and an unspecified number of Iraqis arrested, the
interior ministry said.
Kuwait`s coast guards often seize Iraqi fishing boats
and detain Iraqi fishermen for illegal entry into its waters.
In October, Kuwait arrested 13 Iraqi fishermen.
There was no immediate comment from Baghdad on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley