Kuwaiti soldier killed in clash with Iraqi sailors
Kuwait City: A Kuwaiti coast guard was
killed on Monday in a shootout with Iraqi sailors inside Kuwait`s
territorial waters, the interior ministry said.
The clash broke out when an Iraqi boat entered Kuwaiti
waters and refused orders from a coast guard patrol to stop,
it said in a statement.
The coast guard was killed while the Iraqi boat was
destroyed and an unspecified number of Iraqis arrested, the
interior ministry said.
Kuwait`s coast guards often seize Iraqi fishing boats
and detain Iraqi fishermen for illegal entry into its waters.
In October, Kuwait arrested 13 Iraqi fishermen.
There was no immediate comment from Baghdad on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray