Kyrgyz leader says Bakiyev must stand trial
Bishkek: Kyrgyz interim government leader Roza Otunbayeva pledged on Friday to hold an independent investigation into the April 07 shootings and said the country`s deposed president, Kurmanbek Bakiyev, must stand trial over the events.
"He cannot run away from trial. He cannot hide from it in any country in the world," she said in a live televised address.
"Retribution is unavoidable. Justice will prevail."
More information is awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites