Kyrgyz leader says Bakiyev must stand trial
Bishkek: Kyrgyz interim government leader Roza Otunbayeva pledged on Friday to hold an independent investigation into the April 07 shootings and said the country`s deposed president, Kurmanbek Bakiyev, must stand trial over the events.
"He cannot run away from trial. He cannot hide from it in any country in the world," she said in a live televised address.
"Retribution is unavoidable. Justice will prevail."
More information is awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police