Kyrgyz leader says Bakiyev must stand trial
Bishkek: Kyrgyz interim government leader Roza Otunbayeva pledged on Friday to hold an independent investigation into the April 07 shootings and said the country`s deposed president, Kurmanbek Bakiyev, must stand trial over the events.
"He cannot run away from trial. He cannot hide from it in any country in the world," she said in a live televised address.
"Retribution is unavoidable. Justice will prevail."
More information is awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days