LA council set to vote on marijuana ordinance
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles City Council is poised to vote on a medical marijuana ordinance after months of hammering out criteria that would shutter hundreds of dispensaries.
Council members will take up the issue once again Tuesday. They will be presented two drafts, both of which include capping the number of clinics at 70. The move would close most shops that don`t comply with the new law.
The main difference between the two versions is the distance dispensaries should be from schools, parks and other public gathering spots.
Hundreds of dispensaries have opened in Los Angeles over the past couple of years despite a moratorium on new clinics. City officials have fumbled with the ordinance for years and are trying to adopt language that jibes with state law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof