LA council set to vote on marijuana ordinance
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles City Council is poised to vote on a medical marijuana ordinance after months of hammering out criteria that would shutter hundreds of dispensaries.
Council members will take up the issue once again Tuesday. They will be presented two drafts, both of which include capping the number of clinics at 70. The move would close most shops that don`t comply with the new law.
The main difference between the two versions is the distance dispensaries should be from schools, parks and other public gathering spots.
Hundreds of dispensaries have opened in Los Angeles over the past couple of years despite a moratorium on new clinics. City officials have fumbled with the ordinance for years and are trying to adopt language that jibes with state law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!
- Real Madrid vs Manchester City PREVIEW: Champions League, 2nd semi-final, second leg