LA council set to vote on marijuana ordinance
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles City Council is poised to vote on a medical marijuana ordinance after months of hammering out criteria that would shutter hundreds of dispensaries.
Council members will take up the issue once again Tuesday. They will be presented two drafts, both of which include capping the number of clinics at 70. The move would close most shops that don`t comply with the new law.
The main difference between the two versions is the distance dispensaries should be from schools, parks and other public gathering spots.
Hundreds of dispensaries have opened in Los Angeles over the past couple of years despite a moratorium on new clinics. City officials have fumbled with the ordinance for years and are trying to adopt language that jibes with state law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal