Lack of fuel grounds Gaza`s sole power plant
Gaza City (Palestinian Territories): Lack of fuel from Israel brought Gaza`s lone power plant to a halt on Friday, just 12 days after it was fired back to life following a seven-week shutdown, the Palestinian territory`s electricity firm said.
"The plant stopped working on Friday morning due to a lack of fuel caused by Israel`s closure of the Kerem Shalom crossing," an electricity company official said.
Israel closed the crossing to the besieged Palestinian territory on Tuesday following a series of violent incidents on the border with the Jewish state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2 fraudulent websites selling LED under UJALA, govt gets in action
- AAP blames central government for action against Bhagwant Mann
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Honour killing in Kairana: Youth shot at by father-in-law in for marrying girl against parents' choice