Lack of fuel grounds Gaza`s sole power plant
Gaza City (Palestinian Territories): Lack of fuel from Israel brought Gaza`s lone power plant to a halt on Friday, just 12 days after it was fired back to life following a seven-week shutdown, the Palestinian territory`s electricity firm said.
"The plant stopped working on Friday morning due to a lack of fuel caused by Israel`s closure of the Kerem Shalom crossing," an electricity company official said.
Israel closed the crossing to the besieged Palestinian territory on Tuesday following a series of violent incidents on the border with the Jewish state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister