Lack of fuel grounds Gaza`s sole power plant
Gaza City (Palestinian Territories): Lack of fuel from Israel brought Gaza`s lone power plant to a halt on Friday, just 12 days after it was fired back to life following a seven-week shutdown, the Palestinian territory`s electricity firm said.
"The plant stopped working on Friday morning due to a lack of fuel caused by Israel`s closure of the Kerem Shalom crossing," an electricity company official said.
Israel closed the crossing to the besieged Palestinian territory on Tuesday following a series of violent incidents on the border with the Jewish state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing