Lack of fuel grounds Gaza`s sole power plant
Gaza City (Palestinian Territories): Lack of fuel from Israel brought Gaza`s lone power plant to a halt on Friday, just 12 days after it was fired back to life following a seven-week shutdown, the Palestinian territory`s electricity firm said.
"The plant stopped working on Friday morning due to a lack of fuel caused by Israel`s closure of the Kerem Shalom crossing," an electricity company official said.
Israel closed the crossing to the besieged Palestinian territory on Tuesday following a series of violent incidents on the border with the Jewish state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?