Lack of US aid to Syrian rebels `shameful`: McCain
Washington: Senator John McCain says the lack of US aid to Syrian rebels is "shameful," and that helping the opposition would be the biggest blow to Iran in 25 years.
The US has refused to arm Syrian rebels in part to avoid a proxy fight with Iran and Russia, which back the Syrian government.
The crisis in Syria is likely to come up when President Barack Obama meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Mexico tomorrow.
McCain, Obama`s Republican rival in the 2008 elections, tells NBC`s "Meet the Press" today that members of the Syrian opposition are being "killed and massacred and tortured and raped" and "the fact that Americans aren`t helping them is shameful."
Syrian activists say the rebel-held areas in Homs have been under attack for a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire