Lack of US aid to Syrian rebels `shameful`: McCain
Washington: Senator John McCain says the lack of US aid to Syrian rebels is "shameful," and that helping the opposition would be the biggest blow to Iran in 25 years.
The US has refused to arm Syrian rebels in part to avoid a proxy fight with Iran and Russia, which back the Syrian government.
The crisis in Syria is likely to come up when President Barack Obama meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Mexico tomorrow.
McCain, Obama`s Republican rival in the 2008 elections, tells NBC`s "Meet the Press" today that members of the Syrian opposition are being "killed and massacred and tortured and raped" and "the fact that Americans aren`t helping them is shameful."
Syrian activists say the rebel-held areas in Homs have been under attack for a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur