Landing gear door falls on US neighbourhood
Kent (US): The Federal Aviation Administration confirms that a piece of metal that fell to the ground in a Kent, Washington, neighbourhood was part of a Boeing 767`s landing gear door.
Witnesses say the refrigerator-size panel hit the ground and skipped about 10 metres before stopping in a street yesterday morning. No one in the neighbourhood about 15 miles south of Seattle was hurt.
Neighbours say a cargo jet flew low over the area at about the same time the part came down.
Photos on news station KOMO`s website show part of an identification plate on the object that has the word "aircraft" along with a serial number.
FAA officials aren`t saying if they`ve located the plane that the part came from.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!