Landing gear door falls on US neighbourhood
Kent (US): The Federal Aviation Administration confirms that a piece of metal that fell to the ground in a Kent, Washington, neighbourhood was part of a Boeing 767`s landing gear door.
Witnesses say the refrigerator-size panel hit the ground and skipped about 10 metres before stopping in a street yesterday morning. No one in the neighbourhood about 15 miles south of Seattle was hurt.
Neighbours say a cargo jet flew low over the area at about the same time the part came down.
Photos on news station KOMO`s website show part of an identification plate on the object that has the word "aircraft" along with a serial number.
FAA officials aren`t saying if they`ve located the plane that the part came from.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video