Landmark Hanoi hotel unearths Vietnam War bunker
Hanoi (Vietnam): One of Hanoi`s historic
hotels has discovered an underground bunker that sheltered
Jane Fonda, Joan Baez and other foreign guests during the
The bunker`s exact location remained a mystery until
workers pierced its concrete roof while renovating a bar at
the Metropole Hotel this summer.
A retired Vietnamese government doctor recalls sheltering
in the bunker in 1972 with American singer Baez and actress
Fonda. She says Baez sang a song to calm guests when Americans
bombed parts of Hanoi during the so-called Christmas Bombings.
The hotel is unsure what it will do with the shelter. The
general manager believes the seven-room space should be
preserved as part of Vietnam`s history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition
- Rahul Gandhi only confirming allegations against him: BJP on RSS row
- Vaishno Devi-bound pilgrim dies due to heart attack
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria