Landmark Hanoi hotel unearths Vietnam War bunker
Hanoi (Vietnam): One of Hanoi`s historic
hotels has discovered an underground bunker that sheltered
Jane Fonda, Joan Baez and other foreign guests during the
The bunker`s exact location remained a mystery until
workers pierced its concrete roof while renovating a bar at
the Metropole Hotel this summer.
A retired Vietnamese government doctor recalls sheltering
in the bunker in 1972 with American singer Baez and actress
Fonda. She says Baez sang a song to calm guests when Americans
bombed parts of Hanoi during the so-called Christmas Bombings.
The hotel is unsure what it will do with the shelter. The
general manager believes the seven-room space should be
preserved as part of Vietnam`s history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert