Landslide in Peru hamlet kills 11
Lima: An avalanche of mud and rocks slammed into a small hamlet in Peru killing least 11and leaving ten others missing, reports said Thursday.
The village of El Porvenir in San Martin province of Peru, whose residents are mostly coffee farmers, had dozens of homes swept away with the deadly landslide that was triggered by heavy rainfall in the area.
Ronald Garcia, the mayor of the landslide hit province, said that the landslides killed 11 out of which at least five were children. She further added that whole families had gone missing.
Mayor Garcia also said some of the missing villagers may have fled into the hills to escape the fury of landslide.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!