Landslide in Peru hamlet kills 11
Lima: An avalanche of mud and rocks slammed into a small hamlet in Peru killing least 11and leaving ten others missing, reports said Thursday.
The village of El Porvenir in San Martin province of Peru, whose residents are mostly coffee farmers, had dozens of homes swept away with the deadly landslide that was triggered by heavy rainfall in the area.
Ronald Garcia, the mayor of the landslide hit province, said that the landslides killed 11 out of which at least five were children. She further added that whole families had gone missing.
Mayor Garcia also said some of the missing villagers may have fled into the hills to escape the fury of landslide.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!