Laos deputy PM along with 17 other killed in plane crash
London: Laos Deputy Prime Minister Douangchay Phichit, who was also the defence minister, has been confirmed killed along with 17 other senior officials Saturday when an aircraft carrying them crashed, an official said.
The Thai foreign ministry said the minister and his wife died in the crash, BBC reported.
The air crash happened around 6.30 a.m. about 1.5 km from Xieng Khouang province`s airport.
Apart from Phichit, the AN-74TK300 aircraft was also carrying the minister of public security, the secretary of the Lao People`s Revolutionary Party`s Central Committee, the chairman of the Propaganda Training Committee, and the mayor of Vientiane, Xinhua reported.
The Laos defence ministry said the government officials were on their way to attend an event to commemorate the creation of the Lao Army`s 2nd Division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof