Laos deputy PM along with 17 other killed in plane crash
London: Laos Deputy Prime Minister Douangchay Phichit, who was also the defence minister, has been confirmed killed along with 17 other senior officials Saturday when an aircraft carrying them crashed, an official said.
The Thai foreign ministry said the minister and his wife died in the crash, BBC reported.
The air crash happened around 6.30 a.m. about 1.5 km from Xieng Khouang province`s airport.
Apart from Phichit, the AN-74TK300 aircraft was also carrying the minister of public security, the secretary of the Lao People`s Revolutionary Party`s Central Committee, the chairman of the Propaganda Training Committee, and the mayor of Vientiane, Xinhua reported.
The Laos defence ministry said the government officials were on their way to attend an event to commemorate the creation of the Lao Army`s 2nd Division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical