Laos plane crash: Six more bodies recovered from Mekong river
Zee Media Bureau
Bangkok: Rescuers pulled out six more bodies of Laos plane crash victims from Mekong river on Sunday, which has taken the number of bodies recovered to 38.
The airplane had crashed into the river amid bad weather on October 16, killing all 49 passengers and crewmembers on board.
Most of the bodies recovered are unidentifiable due to decay and damaged caused by water creatures.
Forensic teams from South Korea, Thailand and Australia are working on taking samples and conducting autopsies at a makeshift morgue established near the accident site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH