Laos plane crash: Six more bodies recovered from Mekong river
Zee Media Bureau
Bangkok: Rescuers pulled out six more bodies of Laos plane crash victims from Mekong river on Sunday, which has taken the number of bodies recovered to 38.
The airplane had crashed into the river amid bad weather on October 16, killing all 49 passengers and crewmembers on board.
Most of the bodies recovered are unidentifiable due to decay and damaged caused by water creatures.
Forensic teams from South Korea, Thailand and Australia are working on taking samples and conducting autopsies at a makeshift morgue established near the accident site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!