Last two Manila bus hijacking survivors return home
Hong Kong: The last two survivors of the
Manila bus hijacking have returned home to Hong Kong, a day
after the bodies of eight victims were flown back to the
southern Chinese city, a report said on Thursday.
Amy Ng, who lost her husband Ken Leung and their two
daughters, arrived in Hong Kong on a chartered medical flight
with her 18-year-old son Jason who suffered serious head
injuries during the bloody standoff, the official Xinhua
news agency reported.
The teenager`s condition had barely improved Thursday
morning, but officials and the victim`s mother decided to risk
the two-hour flight so he could receive treatment in Hong
Kong, Gabriel Leung, acting secretary for food and health,
said in a statement.
"While we remain optimistic, I think it should be guarded
optimism," Leung said, referring to the teenager`s condition.
Ng was only slightly injured in the ordeal.
She said her husband died a hero while trying to protect
other passengers on the ill-fated tour of historic Manila.
The bodies of the eight killed -- including Ng`s husband
and two daughters -- were yesterday night flown back to Hong
Kong, with bagpipers playing "Amazing Grace" at a poignant
The city held three minutes of silence today with flags
lowered to half-mast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog