Last two Manila bus hijacking survivors return home
Hong Kong: The last two survivors of the
Manila bus hijacking have returned home to Hong Kong, a day
after the bodies of eight victims were flown back to the
southern Chinese city, a report said on Thursday.
Amy Ng, who lost her husband Ken Leung and their two
daughters, arrived in Hong Kong on a chartered medical flight
with her 18-year-old son Jason who suffered serious head
injuries during the bloody standoff, the official Xinhua
news agency reported.
The teenager`s condition had barely improved Thursday
morning, but officials and the victim`s mother decided to risk
the two-hour flight so he could receive treatment in Hong
Kong, Gabriel Leung, acting secretary for food and health,
said in a statement.
"While we remain optimistic, I think it should be guarded
optimism," Leung said, referring to the teenager`s condition.
Ng was only slightly injured in the ordeal.
She said her husband died a hero while trying to protect
other passengers on the ill-fated tour of historic Manila.
The bodies of the eight killed -- including Ng`s husband
and two daughters -- were yesterday night flown back to Hong
Kong, with bagpipers playing "Amazing Grace" at a poignant
The city held three minutes of silence today with flags
lowered to half-mast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe