Latvia welcomes US troops in Baltic states
Riga: Latvian President Andris Berzins and Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma Wednesday appreciated the US decision to deploy a troops unit in Latvia as part of military exercises, the media reported.
A contingent of US Army paratroopers arrived in Poland Wednesday and within next few days additional army companies will arrive in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania where they will stay till the end of this year, as reported.
According to the Pentagon, the US is to deploy 600 troops in Poland and the Baltic states for military training in coming months.
Latvia`s foreign ministry said Tuesday in a statement that the US decision to enhance NATO`s military presence in Poland and the Baltic states demonstrates the US commitment to contribute to security in the Baltic states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range