Lavrov did not break his arm, says Russia
Moscow: Russia Tuesday rubbished Turkish media reports that Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov broke his arm during his official visit to Istanbul.
The Russian foreign ministry said reports that Lavrov "had been hospitalised" were "complete nonsense".
"It is a minor sports injury, which has not affected the minister`s working schedule," the ministry said in a statement.
On Monday, Turkey`s Hurriyet Daily News reported Lavrov broke his arm in Istanbul after he "fell down stairs" at a hotel where he was staying. He was hospitalised and a cast was put on his arm.
Lavrov met his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu Monday.
Meanwhile, the Russian foreign ministry has confirmed Lavrov is scheduled to participate in the meeting of the NATO-Russia Council in Brussels Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted