Lavrov did not break his arm, says Russia
Moscow: Russia Tuesday rubbished Turkish media reports that Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov broke his arm during his official visit to Istanbul.
The Russian foreign ministry said reports that Lavrov "had been hospitalised" were "complete nonsense".
"It is a minor sports injury, which has not affected the minister`s working schedule," the ministry said in a statement.
On Monday, Turkey`s Hurriyet Daily News reported Lavrov broke his arm in Istanbul after he "fell down stairs" at a hotel where he was staying. He was hospitalised and a cast was put on his arm.
Lavrov met his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu Monday.
Meanwhile, the Russian foreign ministry has confirmed Lavrov is scheduled to participate in the meeting of the NATO-Russia Council in Brussels Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal