Lavrov did not break his arm, says Russia
Moscow: Russia Tuesday rubbished Turkish media reports that Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov broke his arm during his official visit to Istanbul.
The Russian foreign ministry said reports that Lavrov "had been hospitalised" were "complete nonsense".
"It is a minor sports injury, which has not affected the minister`s working schedule," the ministry said in a statement.
On Monday, Turkey`s Hurriyet Daily News reported Lavrov broke his arm in Istanbul after he "fell down stairs" at a hotel where he was staying. He was hospitalised and a cast was put on his arm.
Lavrov met his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu Monday.
Meanwhile, the Russian foreign ministry has confirmed Lavrov is scheduled to participate in the meeting of the NATO-Russia Council in Brussels Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan