Lavrov did not break his arm, says Russia
Moscow: Russia Tuesday rubbished Turkish media reports that Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov broke his arm during his official visit to Istanbul.
The Russian foreign ministry said reports that Lavrov "had been hospitalised" were "complete nonsense".
"It is a minor sports injury, which has not affected the minister`s working schedule," the ministry said in a statement.
On Monday, Turkey`s Hurriyet Daily News reported Lavrov broke his arm in Istanbul after he "fell down stairs" at a hotel where he was staying. He was hospitalised and a cast was put on his arm.
Lavrov met his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu Monday.
Meanwhile, the Russian foreign ministry has confirmed Lavrov is scheduled to participate in the meeting of the NATO-Russia Council in Brussels Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption