Law firm admits leaking JK Rowling`s alter ego
London: The mystery has been solved.
A British law firm says one of its partners inadvertently leaked the identity of JK Rowling as author of mystery novel "The Cuckoo`s Calling."
The Sunday Times newspaper revealed over the weekend that the "Harry Potter" author had penned the book under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, after receiving a tip-off on Twitter.
There had been speculation that Rowling or her publisher were behind the revelation. Since Rowling was outed as the author, the novel has topped best-seller lists.
But today law firm Russells said one of its partners had let the information slip to his wife`s best friend the woman behind the tweet.
The firm said "we apologise unreservedly" to Rowling.
Rowling said that "to say that I am disappointed is an understatement."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video