Law in NY maid`s suit vague: Strauss-Kahn lawyers
New York: Dominique Strauss-Kahn`s lawyers are taking aim at a gender-motivated-violence law that a New York City hotel maid is invoking in her lawsuit against him.
His lawyers filed court papers yesterday saying the law is "impermissibly vague." They`re asking a judge to throw out that portion of the housekeeper`s lawsuit.
The woman`s attorneys say they`re confident the challenge will prove futile. Besides citing the gender-based violence law, it makes assault and other claims that are more commonly argued.
The woman says the former International Monetary Fund chief sexually assaulted her in his hotel suite in May 2011. He says the encounter was consensual.
A criminal case was dropped, but the woman is pursuing the allegations in a lawsuit.
Strauss-Kahn also is suing her. He`s making defamation and other claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why