Law in NY maid`s suit vague: Strauss-Kahn lawyers
New York: Dominique Strauss-Kahn`s lawyers are taking aim at a gender-motivated-violence law that a New York City hotel maid is invoking in her lawsuit against him.
His lawyers filed court papers yesterday saying the law is "impermissibly vague." They`re asking a judge to throw out that portion of the housekeeper`s lawsuit.
The woman`s attorneys say they`re confident the challenge will prove futile. Besides citing the gender-based violence law, it makes assault and other claims that are more commonly argued.
The woman says the former International Monetary Fund chief sexually assaulted her in his hotel suite in May 2011. He says the encounter was consensual.
A criminal case was dropped, but the woman is pursuing the allegations in a lawsuit.
Strauss-Kahn also is suing her. He`s making defamation and other claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened