Law in NY maid`s suit vague: Strauss-Kahn lawyers
New York: Dominique Strauss-Kahn`s lawyers are taking aim at a gender-motivated-violence law that a New York City hotel maid is invoking in her lawsuit against him.
His lawyers filed court papers yesterday saying the law is "impermissibly vague." They`re asking a judge to throw out that portion of the housekeeper`s lawsuit.
The woman`s attorneys say they`re confident the challenge will prove futile. Besides citing the gender-based violence law, it makes assault and other claims that are more commonly argued.
The woman says the former International Monetary Fund chief sexually assaulted her in his hotel suite in May 2011. He says the encounter was consensual.
A criminal case was dropped, but the woman is pursuing the allegations in a lawsuit.
Strauss-Kahn also is suing her. He`s making defamation and other claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?