Law in NY maid`s suit vague: Strauss-Kahn lawyers
New York: Dominique Strauss-Kahn`s lawyers are taking aim at a gender-motivated-violence law that a New York City hotel maid is invoking in her lawsuit against him.
His lawyers filed court papers yesterday saying the law is "impermissibly vague." They`re asking a judge to throw out that portion of the housekeeper`s lawsuit.
The woman`s attorneys say they`re confident the challenge will prove futile. Besides citing the gender-based violence law, it makes assault and other claims that are more commonly argued.
The woman says the former International Monetary Fund chief sexually assaulted her in his hotel suite in May 2011. He says the encounter was consensual.
A criminal case was dropped, but the woman is pursuing the allegations in a lawsuit.
Strauss-Kahn also is suing her. He`s making defamation and other claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured