Law in NY maid`s suit vague: Strauss-Kahn lawyers
New York: Dominique Strauss-Kahn`s lawyers are taking aim at a gender-motivated-violence law that a New York City hotel maid is invoking in her lawsuit against him.
His lawyers filed court papers yesterday saying the law is "impermissibly vague." They`re asking a judge to throw out that portion of the housekeeper`s lawsuit.
The woman`s attorneys say they`re confident the challenge will prove futile. Besides citing the gender-based violence law, it makes assault and other claims that are more commonly argued.
The woman says the former International Monetary Fund chief sexually assaulted her in his hotel suite in May 2011. He says the encounter was consensual.
A criminal case was dropped, but the woman is pursuing the allegations in a lawsuit.
Strauss-Kahn also is suing her. He`s making defamation and other claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday