Lawyer, 2 police killed in Libya
Tripoli: Security officials say a bomb has killed a state attorney and gunmen have shot dead two policemen in eastern Libya.
The country is been gripped by unrest, and assassinations of public figures and security officials are frequent. Many killings are blamed on militias, which the government is struggling to rein in.
A security official in the city of Darna, a stronghold of Islamic militants, said a bomb was placed in the car carrying public attorney Mohammed Khalifa al-Naas today. Another security official said unknown gunmen fired at a security patrol in a commercial area in Benghazi, Libya`s second city, leaving two policemen dead.
The officials spoke anonymously because they were not authorised to speak to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming