Lawyer, 2 police killed in Libya
Tripoli: Security officials say a bomb has killed a state attorney and gunmen have shot dead two policemen in eastern Libya.
The country is been gripped by unrest, and assassinations of public figures and security officials are frequent. Many killings are blamed on militias, which the government is struggling to rein in.
A security official in the city of Darna, a stronghold of Islamic militants, said a bomb was placed in the car carrying public attorney Mohammed Khalifa al-Naas today. Another security official said unknown gunmen fired at a security patrol in a commercial area in Benghazi, Libya`s second city, leaving two policemen dead.
The officials spoke anonymously because they were not authorised to speak to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Andy Murray keen to win another Grand Slam title before turning 30
- Hong Kong''s first suspected Zika case tests negative: Radio
- One policeman killed in South Kashmir
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session