Lawyer, 2 police killed in Libya
Tripoli: Security officials say a bomb has killed a state attorney and gunmen have shot dead two policemen in eastern Libya.
The country is been gripped by unrest, and assassinations of public figures and security officials are frequent. Many killings are blamed on militias, which the government is struggling to rein in.
A security official in the city of Darna, a stronghold of Islamic militants, said a bomb was placed in the car carrying public attorney Mohammed Khalifa al-Naas today. Another security official said unknown gunmen fired at a security patrol in a commercial area in Benghazi, Libya`s second city, leaving two policemen dead.
The officials spoke anonymously because they were not authorised to speak to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur