Lawyer: Breivik won`t appeal if declared sane
Oslo: Anders Behring Breivik`s defense lawyers say the confessed mass killer won`t appeal if he`s sentenced to prison but he will challenge any ruling that declares him insane.
Breivik`s mental state will be the focus when the Oslo district court presents its judgment against Breivik tomorrow for the bomb and gun attacks that killed 77 people in July last year.
After speaking to Breivik today, defense lawyer Geir Lippestad said his client would accept a prison sentence and would only appeal if committed to psychiatric care.
Breivik, who claims he is a "militant nationalist," said during the trial that being sent to an insane asylum would be the worst thing that could happen to him and accused Norwegian authorities of trying to cast him as sick to deflate his political views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune