Lawyer: Breivik won`t appeal if declared sane
Oslo: Anders Behring Breivik`s defense lawyers say the confessed mass killer won`t appeal if he`s sentenced to prison but he will challenge any ruling that declares him insane.
Breivik`s mental state will be the focus when the Oslo district court presents its judgment against Breivik tomorrow for the bomb and gun attacks that killed 77 people in July last year.
After speaking to Breivik today, defense lawyer Geir Lippestad said his client would accept a prison sentence and would only appeal if committed to psychiatric care.
Breivik, who claims he is a "militant nationalist," said during the trial that being sent to an insane asylum would be the worst thing that could happen to him and accused Norwegian authorities of trying to cast him as sick to deflate his political views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone