Lawyer: Breivik won`t appeal if declared sane
Oslo: Anders Behring Breivik`s defense lawyers say the confessed mass killer won`t appeal if he`s sentenced to prison but he will challenge any ruling that declares him insane.
Breivik`s mental state will be the focus when the Oslo district court presents its judgment against Breivik tomorrow for the bomb and gun attacks that killed 77 people in July last year.
After speaking to Breivik today, defense lawyer Geir Lippestad said his client would accept a prison sentence and would only appeal if committed to psychiatric care.
Breivik, who claims he is a "militant nationalist," said during the trial that being sent to an insane asylum would be the worst thing that could happen to him and accused Norwegian authorities of trying to cast him as sick to deflate his political views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan