Leaders plan Brussels G7 in June instead of G8 in Sochi-source
The Hague: World leaders have agreed to hold a G7 summit in Brussels in June instead of attending a G8 meeting with Russia in Sochi, a French diplomatic source told Reuters on Monday.
"The G8 represents a certain value system, which is why Russia cannot take part," the source said.
The source said the G7 group was not talking about a suspension of Russia, but about replacing the 2014 G8 summit that had been scheduled to take place in Russia`s Black Sea resort of Sochi in June with a G7 meeting in Brussels.
European Council President Herman Van Rompuy confirmed in a Twitter message that the G7 will meet in Brussels in June.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on