Lebanon arrests 4 after deadly Beirut shootout
Beirut: Lebanese authorities have arrested four suspects in this week`s deadly Beirut street battle between the Shiite Muslim Hezbollah group and a small Sunni group.
The suspects are accused of attacking and setting fire to a Sunni mosque during Tuesday`s hours-long clash, which killed three people, including two Hezbollah members. It was the worst fighting in Beirut since 2008.
A senior security official says the arrests were made in army raids Friday night in the Bourj Abu Haidar residential neighborhood, where the fighting took place.
The official spoke on Saturday on condition of anonymity in line with military regulations.
Witnesses said the fighting was touched off by a traffic dispute that escalated when local gunmen gathered reinforcements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!