Lebanon bloc urges arrests in Hariri killing
Beirut: Lebanon`s pro-Western political faction has called on the government to respect an international tribunal calling for the arrest of four Hezbollah members in the assassination of a former prime minister.
Hezbollah`s leader denies his group had any role in Rafik Hariri`s 2005 killing and has vowed to protect suspects from arrest.
But the pro-Western bloc known as March 14 said in a statement late Sunday that Hezbollah is holding the country hostage by making it choose between justice and stability.
The Cabinet is packed with Hezbollah allies, so there is little enthusiasm within the current leadership to press forward with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past