Lebanon postpones talks on new government by a week
Beirut: Lebanon`s President Michel Suleiman has postponed for a week talks on forming a new government which had been due to start on Monday, his office said.
Lebanese politicians had said the consultations on a new government could be delayed because of a summit in Damascus later on Monday where the leaders of Syria, Qatar and Turkey were due to discuss Lebanon`s political crisis.
Hezbollah ministers and their allies brought down the government of Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri last week over a dispute about imminent draft indictments from a UN-backed tribunal investigating the 2005 killing of Rafik al-Hariri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet