Lebanon reports Syrian airstrikes on its towns
Beirut: Syria launched airstrikes on the Lebanese border towns of Arsal and Al-Qaa in the eastern parts of the country, media reported Wednesday.
The raids targeted gunmen fleeing the Syrian territories, Xinhua reported citing Lebanon`s National News Agency.
The eastern Arsal border town has been the target of various Syrian raids, and Lebanese President Michel Suleiman has called on the Arab League and the international community to help protect Lebanese villages.
Suleiman has ordered the Lebanese army to "take all the necessary measures to protect Lebanese sovereignty".
Arsal has a 30-km border with Syria and hosts more than 100,000 Syrian refugees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah