Lebanon reports Syrian airstrikes on its towns
Beirut: Syria launched airstrikes on the Lebanese border towns of Arsal and Al-Qaa in the eastern parts of the country, media reported Wednesday.
The raids targeted gunmen fleeing the Syrian territories, Xinhua reported citing Lebanon`s National News Agency.
The eastern Arsal border town has been the target of various Syrian raids, and Lebanese President Michel Suleiman has called on the Arab League and the international community to help protect Lebanese villages.
Suleiman has ordered the Lebanese army to "take all the necessary measures to protect Lebanese sovereignty".
Arsal has a 30-km border with Syria and hosts more than 100,000 Syrian refugees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in