Lebanon warns of rising threat due to refugees
Beirut: Describing the Syrian refugees` issue as an Arab plight, the Lebanese government Friday said that the people should be aware of the threat that this issue represents.
Lebanese Social Affairs Minister Rachid Derbas also said that the "randomly displacement of the Syrians make this issue a hard one to control as the Lebanese authorities do not have a complete control on the issue", Xinhua reported
"There is no way we can control the displacement in Lebanon unless the refugees are given a more humanitarian shelter and at the same time be under strict control on the border regions," he added.
He explained that the government tried to convince "the international organisations of erecting camps in the border regions with Syria in the Bekaa and the north, but they have always refused under the pretext of security and these regions are under continuous danger".
The minister expressed concern that the international community "has turned Lebanon into a container for the Syrian refugees who feel safe and secured among us".
But he stressed that the "Lebanese should be aware of the great danger that this issue represents on their future".
Lebanon hosts over one million refugees, according to the latest UN report on Syrian refugees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?