Lebanon warns of rising threat due to refugees
Beirut: Describing the Syrian refugees` issue as an Arab plight, the Lebanese government Friday said that the people should be aware of the threat that this issue represents.
Lebanese Social Affairs Minister Rachid Derbas also said that the "randomly displacement of the Syrians make this issue a hard one to control as the Lebanese authorities do not have a complete control on the issue", Xinhua reported
"There is no way we can control the displacement in Lebanon unless the refugees are given a more humanitarian shelter and at the same time be under strict control on the border regions," he added.
He explained that the government tried to convince "the international organisations of erecting camps in the border regions with Syria in the Bekaa and the north, but they have always refused under the pretext of security and these regions are under continuous danger".
The minister expressed concern that the international community "has turned Lebanon into a container for the Syrian refugees who feel safe and secured among us".
But he stressed that the "Lebanese should be aware of the great danger that this issue represents on their future".
Lebanon hosts over one million refugees, according to the latest UN report on Syrian refugees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand