LEGO urged to make more female characters
New York: A community of gender equality activists have launched a petition to ask LEGO to include girl pieces, which is a rarity among company`s products.
The campaign has highlighted the Female Minifigure Set - includes 13 female characters, including a palaeontologist, astronomer, robotics engineer and chemist - a submission for LEGO`s public contest, CUUSOO, the New York Daily News reported.
CUUSOO allows creative people to submit concepts that they would like to as real LEGOs and if a project achieves 10,000 supporters, the company will consider manufacturing it.
Melissa Wardy, the mum of two young LEGO fans, drafted a petition asking LEGO to manufacture the all-female set in its entirety.
The petition received more than 11,000 supporters as of Friday afternoon.
According to a SPARK analysis, female characters account for just 16 percent of all LEGO figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!