LEGO urged to make more female characters
New York: A community of gender equality activists have launched a petition to ask LEGO to include girl pieces, which is a rarity among company`s products.
The campaign has highlighted the Female Minifigure Set - includes 13 female characters, including a palaeontologist, astronomer, robotics engineer and chemist - a submission for LEGO`s public contest, CUUSOO, the New York Daily News reported.
CUUSOO allows creative people to submit concepts that they would like to as real LEGOs and if a project achieves 10,000 supporters, the company will consider manufacturing it.
Melissa Wardy, the mum of two young LEGO fans, drafted a petition asking LEGO to manufacture the all-female set in its entirety.
The petition received more than 11,000 supporters as of Friday afternoon.
According to a SPARK analysis, female characters account for just 16 percent of all LEGO figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra