LEGO urged to make more female characters
New York: A community of gender equality activists have launched a petition to ask LEGO to include girl pieces, which is a rarity among company`s products.
The campaign has highlighted the Female Minifigure Set - includes 13 female characters, including a palaeontologist, astronomer, robotics engineer and chemist - a submission for LEGO`s public contest, CUUSOO, the New York Daily News reported.
CUUSOO allows creative people to submit concepts that they would like to as real LEGOs and if a project achieves 10,000 supporters, the company will consider manufacturing it.
Melissa Wardy, the mum of two young LEGO fans, drafted a petition asking LEGO to manufacture the all-female set in its entirety.
The petition received more than 11,000 supporters as of Friday afternoon.
According to a SPARK analysis, female characters account for just 16 percent of all LEGO figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves