Leon Panetta meets Israeli Defence Minister
Washington: US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has met his Israeli counterpart Ehud Barak to discuss a wide range of bilateral and regional issues including Syria, Iran and Gaza.
"The secretary and Barak discussed a range of issues and expressed their commitment to ensuring continued cooperation on many important regional issues -- particularly Syria, Iran, and Gaza," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little said after the meeting between the two leaders yesterday.
During the meeting, Panetta reiterated the strong US commitment to Israel`s security and the strong US-Israel defence relationship.
"The secretary commended minister Barak on his tireless efforts in advancing the US-Israel strategic relationship," Little said.
"Secretary Panetta thanked minister Barak for his friendship and his continued commitment to the relationship," he said.
This is for the eleventh time that the two have met since Panetta took office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill