Leon Panetta meets Israeli Defence Minister
Washington: US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has met his Israeli counterpart Ehud Barak to discuss a wide range of bilateral and regional issues including Syria, Iran and Gaza.
"The secretary and Barak discussed a range of issues and expressed their commitment to ensuring continued cooperation on many important regional issues -- particularly Syria, Iran, and Gaza," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little said after the meeting between the two leaders yesterday.
During the meeting, Panetta reiterated the strong US commitment to Israel`s security and the strong US-Israel defence relationship.
"The secretary commended minister Barak on his tireless efforts in advancing the US-Israel strategic relationship," Little said.
"Secretary Panetta thanked minister Barak for his friendship and his continued commitment to the relationship," he said.
This is for the eleventh time that the two have met since Panetta took office.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Currently no proposal to merge BSNL and MTNL: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 23: Delhi Daredevils vs Gujarat Lions — As it happened...
- Mother of all apps? Narendra Modi government is coming up with new app UMANG - It houses 200 apps!
- BJP won't win a single seat if elections are held in Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Punjab woman 'gangraped first, killed, and then thrown from roof'