Li rejects hacking accusation; calls it "presumption of guilt"
Beijing: Chinese new Premier Li Keqiang on Sunday rejected the accusation of hacker attacks against the United States, calling it "presumption of guilt."
Premier Li said hacker attacks in the cyber space is a worldwide problem and China itself is one of the major targets of such attacks.
"China does not support but indeed oppose such attacks," he told reporters at his first press conference in Beijing.
Li made the remark in response to a question at the press conference held after the annual session of China`s top legislature closed this morning.
"We should not make groundless accusations against each other and spend more time doing practical things that will contribute to cyber security," Li said.
He termed the US` accusation against China as "presumption of guilt" and called for the two sides to work together to address the issue.
He was responding to recent reports from US which charged certain elements in Chinese military in Shanghai of conducting the hacker attacks.
China`s People`s Liberation Army has rejected the charges, saying there is no evidence to suggest as IP addresses can be peculated.
The army said Chinese military websites were attacked an average 1.44 lakh times a month in 2012 by foreign hackers, with 62.9 per cent from the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened