Liberia: Ambulance crashes into crowd; 11 dead
Monrovia: An official in Liberia
says 11 people were killed after an ambulance crashed into a
crowd who had been waiting all day to see a visiting
Regional official Momo Kiadii said today the ambulance
crashed into the crowd late yesterday in the western town of
Vonzula. He says many others were wounded.
Presidential candidate Kennedy Sandy was visiting the
region on a campaign tour.
Police spokesman George Bardue confirmed the accident
today, but gave no details.
Fifteen candidates are challenging incumbent President
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf in October`s poll.
Liberia was ravaged by civil wars for years until 2003.
The country is still struggling to maintain a fragile peace
with the help of UN peacekeepers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report