Library book returned 55 years late!
Washington: A long overdue book has finally been returned to the New York Public Library - 55 years late.
The Daily News says the biography of a 16th-century priest, "Fire of Francis Xavier", was borrowed from the library`s Fort Washington branch April 10, 1958.
Library manager Jennifer Zarr told the newspaper that the book reached them Monday wrapped in a plain brown envelope. There was a cheque for $100 to cover the dues.
Shanghai Daily quoted the librarian as saying that library records do not go back to 1958 and there`s no way to trace who borrowed the book.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt